- This event has passed.
Demo Day: Cleantech Innovation in Oil & Gas
June 16, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
In January 2022, CRIN and Canada Cleantech Alliance launched the “Accelerating Cleantech Innovation in Oil & Gas” Program designed to help Canada’s cleantech innovators develop the knowledge, tools and skills required to design and implement cleantech innovations that will help reduce the oil & gas sector’s CO2 emissions.
Join us on June 16th to meet the cleantech innovators that participated in this program, learn about their unique technologies and explore potential partnership and investment opportunities.
The event will kick off with an engaging panel that will provide insight into cleantech innovation in oil and gas. This panel will discuss the challenges and opportunities cleantech innovators may face when looking for investment and collaboration opportunities and what solutions are needed to drive us to a sustainable energy future.
11:00-11:05 am (MT): Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Maike Althaus, Canada Cleantech Alliance
- Lynn Côté, Cleantech Lead, EDC
- Evélia Manach, Deputy Director, Clean technology (BBH), Global Business Opportunities Bureau, Global Affairs Canada
11:05 – 11:25 am: “Cleantech Innovation in oil and gas” panel
- Akhil Abat – VP Technology Strategy and Delivery, NGIF Capital Corporation
- David Johnson – Suncor Energy, Senior Advisor, Corporate Development, Suncor Energy
- Heather Campbell – Executive Director, Clean Technology, Alberta Innovates
Moderator: Patrick Gagné, Cycle Momentum
11:25-12:30 pm: 2-3-minute pitches and breakout rooms hosted by each of the program participants where CRIN members can engage with the ventures:
Jodi Formosi, Bella Biochar Corporation
James Ehizojie, Delta Remediation Inc
Sam Swanson, Compound Connect
Oliver Wang, ApoSys Technologies Inc.
Jérôme Maranda, Flyscan Systems Inc.
Tim Beentjes, Carbon Chit Inc.
Matt Hogg, GeoGen Technologies
David Scott Morton, Drift Resource Technologies